Terms and Conditions
© 2021 – All Rights Reserved – Moore Security Systems Ltd
www.mooresecurity.co.uk Moore Security Systems Ltd, Company Number:11344565 “THE COMPANY” is the organisation responsible for the installation, and/or maintenance of the installation which is the subject of this CONTRACT, sometimes referred to as “our” or “we” in these Terms and Conditions.
“THE CUSTOMER” is the person or organisation being a signatory to this CONTRACT, sometimes referred to as “you” or “your” in these Terms and Conditions.
“THE PREMISES” are the PREMISES set out in the SPECIFICATION.
“THE INSTALLATION” is the installed security system as defined in the SPECIFICATION.
“INSTALLATION STANDARD” is the standard according to which the equipment is to be installed and/or maintained, together with any other formal requirements stipulated as a condition of the regulatory body by which the COMPANY is approved.
“CONTRACT” means the QUOTATION, SPECIFICATION, and/or maintenance and acceptance together with these Terms and Conditions.
“SPECIFICATION” means the design SPECIFICATION which defines the level of security surveillance afforded by the security Installation. It is an integral part of this CONTRACT.
“QUOTATION” means the proposed price for the equipment (the package cost), its installation and/or maintenance as itemised in this CONTRACT and on the official quotation provided by the company.
The CUSTOMER can accept these Terms and Conditions either by:
- i) Replying via email accepting the Terms and Conditions along with other requirements defined in the QUOTATION and/or SPECIFICATION sheet.
- ii) Following a link provided through the e-mail sent by a COMPANY representative and the CUSTOMER signing the order form the QUOTATION and/or SPECIFICATION sheet via Signable. By Signing the CUSTOMER accepts the Terms and Conditions, along with other requirements defined in the QUOTATION and/or SPECIFICATION sheet.
For the purpose of interpretation, where the requirements of the SPECIFICATION/QUOTATION conflict with any clauses of these Terms and Conditions, the SPECIFICATION/QUOTATION requirements shall take precedence. All other Terms and Conditions not contained in/or implied by the CONTRACT are excluded. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions, stated or implied, shall detract from the CUSTOMER’s statutory rights.
- i) The quoted costs may be revised if:
- a) you require the work to be carried out more urgently than agreed
- b) you change the SPECIFICATION
- c) your PREMISES are in some way unsuitable for the equipment and this was not apparent during the site visit or course of telephonic/email conversation or there are circumstances which we should have been made aware
- d) any other special circumstances that arise and we were not aware of in writing when supplying our original QUOTATION arise. This includes:
- i) Re-visits of the installer/technicians/engineers for reconfiguration of the system.
- ii) Remote viewing, where the CUSTOMER is responsible for the availability of broadband internet service, a router that provides the ‘PORT-FORWARDING’ function and a public (static) IP address.
- iii) the installation work is outside the working hours of 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday except for statutory holidays. Requests made by the CUSTOMER to install outside these working hours will incur additional charges.
- iv) engineers are asked to work outside standard practices of installations. Unless stated on the Works Schedule or we were made aware in writing when supplying our original QUOTATION. Installs should be carried out in easily accessible areas without the need for additional labour work. This includes:
- Underground cabling
- Building work
- Removal of floorboards, Carpet lifting/laying
- Erecting poles
- Steel trunking/capping
- Exceptionally high ceilings
- Drilling through walls thicker than 300mm
The above will incur additional charges as agreed by the COMPANY representative(s) if required.
Note: Additional charges may be made if our engineers/technicians/installers are not provided with access to the doors, shutters, windows, loft spaces or any other areas where cables and equipment need to be installed thereby incurring extra cable length.
- i) We agree to complete the installation and hand it over in working order. We will always seek your agreement should changes to the SPECIFICATION be required during installation.
- ii) We agree that, if any of our installation workmanship is found faulty within the first four weeks, it will be repaired or replaced at the company’s expense, including call-out, provided you let us know as soon as the fault occurs. Maintenance/repairs/troubleshooting (On-PREMISES) after the expiration of the first four week period will be charged.
- The annual maintenance and remote monitoring facilities commence upon completion and handover of the installation and continue from year to year upon payment of charges presented until cancelled in writing giving not less than two months’ notice.
- i) You agree to give us and our workers full access to your PREMISES to survey, measure, install, test and service the equipment. You also agree to provide an adequate electricity supply and broadband/ Wifi for the equipment to operate correctly. If our work is interrupted or delayed because of a problem with access, or the electricity supply or broadband is inadequate, we may make an extra charge. We are not liable if completion is delayed due to the circumstances beyond our control. By signing the CONTRACT with us, you guarantee that you have full authority to allow the installation and no other consent is needed.
- ii) The equipment does not belong to you until the total equipment and labour cost has been paid for in full. If you do not pay the balance of the full installation charge when due, we have the right to remove the equipment from your PREMISES without notice. By signing this CONTRACT with us, you irrevocably authorise us to enter your PREMISES to remove the equipment if any payment remains outstanding past 28 days of the final invoice due by date. Equipment payments are to be made no later than 5 working days before the date of THE INSTALLATION and labour payments are to be paid in full on the day of completion of THE INSTALLATION.
- iii) If you cancel our CONTRACT less than a 5 working days before the scheduled installation date, we may charge you for any equipment we have bought for your PREMISES and make a reasonable charge for damages for breach of CONTRACT. However, a general cancellation fee of a minimum £150 or 7% of the contracted amount, whichever is greater, shall be charged.
- iiii) If the Equipment is connected to an Alarm Monitoring Centre, it is your responsibility to make sure that the telephone line or network connection is working properly and the account correctly maintained.
- PRODUCT WARRANTY (ONLY QUOTED PRODUCTS)
All products are sold as new. We guarantee all our products to be free of defects in workmanship and material for 1 year, unless otherwise specified, from the day CUSTOMERs receive their order. We will replace items providing there is no evidence of CUSTOMER misuse or alteration.
Warranty is 1-year‘ return to base’ if faulty. You will need to provide as much information as possible regarding the fault, as well as the original invoice or delivery note number.
7.REMOTE VIEWING, IT ISSUES OR OTHER ISSUES
i) If the COMPANY is unable to configure the remote viewing on the day of the scheduled installation due to IT technical issues, ISP unavailability or lack of details such as Router IP address, user name & password then further charges will apply to remotely configure or revisit to complete the setup.
ii) The COMPANY cannot be held liable for CLIENT IT issues such as change of a router, failed connection, slow internet speed, change of Internet service provider, poor internet connection in parts of the property, reset of the router, new mobile phone, loss of settings on the router or a new operating system.
iii) The COMPANY cannot be held liable or responsible for animals kept inside the property. Pet-friendly sensors allow for pets up to 20kg over a 10m coverage range, THE COMPANY is not liable for growth of THE CUSTOMERS animal and new animals being brought into the property which exceeds the 20kg pet sensor limit, past the date of THE INSTALLATION.
iiii) The COMPANY cannot be held liable for accidental activation of THE CUSTOMERS SmartWater or Protec fog cannon equipment.
- i) The COMPANY shall not be liable for the costs of any work, repairs or replacement of equipment which results from fire, electrical power surge, water, storm, flood or any acts of nature, accident, neglect, misuse or malicious damage.
- ii) The COMPANY does not warrant or represent that the operation of the installation will be uninterrupted or error-free. The COMPANY provides the system to assist in the security of the CUSTOMER’s PREMISES but does not thereby warrant the security of the property, the CUSTOMER, or the contents therein. The COMPANY does not act and shall not be deemed to act as an insurer of the CUSTOMER’s property or contents contained therein and give no warranty that by virtue of the installation of the system, the property or contents contained therein are completely secure or inviolable. The COMPANY shall have no liability in CONTRACT for any loss suffered and in particular, the COMPANY does not accept any liability whatsoever for any consequential loss or damage (including loss of earnings or profits) which may arise from any malfunction or defect of the system.
- iii) The Terms and Conditions given in this CONTRACT do not affect your rights under the Sale of Goods Act or Unfair CONTRACT Terms Act.
It is important for both THE COMPANY and THE CUSTOMER that any asbestos is not disturbed when working on site. At the start of any works, THE COMPANY is to be advised of any known asbestos issues on-site and shown the asbestos register, unless THE CUSTOMER confirms in writing that the building is asbestos-free. THE CUSTOMER has a legal obligation to provide THE COMPANY with this information.
10. RIGHT OF ASSIGNMENT
The COMPANY shall be entitled to assign all or any of its rights under this agreement and to perform any of its obligations through sub-contractors. The CUSTOMER’s rights under this agreement are not assignable or transferable with the prior written consent of the company.
Any failure by the COMPANY to fulfil any of its obligations under the terms of this CONTRACT due to reasons beyond its control shall not be considered a breach of this CONTRACT
12. APPLICABLE LAW
This CONTRACT is governed by the laws of England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland as the case may be and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts thereof.
ONE (1) Year Product Warranty Policy
Your security product(s) are warranted against mechanical failure for up to one (1) year from the date of purchase unless specifically noted. Should your product prove defective, please get in touch with Moore Security Systems Ltd on 01455 698958 or email@example.com for repair or replacement. Moore Security Systems Ltd has the sole discretion for granting a new replacement or a certified refurbished product. Warranty does not cover general wear and tear, fire, electrical power surge, water, storm, flood or any acts of nature, accidental, neglect, misuse or malicious damage.